Local Market Report
Produce Market Report for Week of
August 31, 2015
by Coastal Sunbelt
Produce | August 31, 2015
Coastal Organic Pricing
Local Market Report
Please see below for all organic updates provided by our organics team.
All items are Certified Organic unless otherwise noted.
REMINDER: All salads are pre-booked for the duration of summer. Also, we are now offering all 4 new Earthbound Salads Powermeal Bowls!
· Pre-Book by Tuesday 10am for delivery the FOLLOWING Tuesday through Friday
· Pre-Book by Friday 10am for delivery the FOLLOWING Saturday through Monday
ORGANIC Fruit Updates:
o Domestic Fuji new crop are here; Granny Smith imports are done, we should be seeing new crop domestic in a few weeks; Gala are now New Crop US!
o Strawberries –are in good supply with slightly higher pricing this week from Driscoll
o Raspberry and Blueberry supplies are tightening up with higher pricing
o Lemons – we will be transitioning back to 115ct from the smaller 200ct mid-week next week, pricing will be higher
o Oranges and Grapefruits – steady with great quality from Sundance Natural Foods
o Lime markets are very tight- we are out
o Avocados – markets are coming off, time to promote!
Bananas are steady in supply from Dole
o Papayas are back in from Southern Specialties!
Pineapples – remain in very tight supply, limited availability with much higher pricing
· Red Seedless Grapes from Earthbound are in great supply
· Melons – supplies should be winding up from California for a few short weeks soon
o Cantaloupes -12ct
ORGANIC Veggie Updates:
· Broccoli 14ct has been out- more expected Sunday; 20lb Crowns are in!
Cauliflower markets are up slightly
· Celery – both 30ct and 18x2ct Hearts are in with slightly higher pricing
· Cucumbers- both 22lb and 45lb choice are both in good supply and pricing
o Rainbow Chard-24ct arriving Sunday, supplies are tightening up along with pricing
o Kales – Green and Lacinato both are steady in supply and good quality
· Lettuces – good pricing continues for Romaine Hearts, Romaine 24ct is limited
o Green onions are limited in availability
o Yellow and Red are in good supply
o White onions are gapping
o Sweet onions will be available in a few weeks
o 25lb Red Peppers are looking great and in fantastic supply
o 11lbs Red are in great supply and value
o Jalapenos are in great supply
· Potatoes- Gold and Red Potatoes are gapping
o Russet are in with limited quantities
o Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes are in steady supply and looking good!
o Zucchini – is steady in supply and pricing
o Yellow – we are temporarily discontinuing due to tight supplies and high pricing
o Winter squash – Butternut, Spaghetti and Green Acorn are available this week. We are expecting more varieties by the end of August-beginning of September.
o Grape tomatoes – steady supply with slightly higher pricing
o Romas – great supply and price right now from Wholesum Harvest
o Cherry Tomatoes are out; Mixed Heirloom tomatoes are in great supply and pricing
o TOV – supplies will start to tighten up in the next few weeks
Contact your salesperson or call
410-799-8000 with any questions.