Local Market Report
Produce Market Report for Week of
June 29, 2015
by Coastal Sunbelt
Produce | June 29, 2015
New ORGANIC Items for next week:
English Peas 10lbs from Del Cabo!
Snow Bright White Peaches from Olson
· Spring Bright Yellow Nectarines from Olson
· Dark Sweet Cherries from Rainier
ORGANIC Fruit Updates:
· Avocadoes – starting to see higher prices
· Apples/Pears –
· Fuji Apples are now New Crop from Argentina
· Cripps Pink Ladies are New Crop from Argentina
· Anjou Pears 90ct also New Crop
· Strawberries markets continue to drop nicely
· Bananas are in great supply
· Citrus - New delivery from Sundance today
· Lemons continue to be pricey
· Availability on limes is spotty
· Grapes –Red Seedless Grapes may gap going into July, Green Seedless are coming soon!
· Kiwis – New crop from New Zealand
· Melons- Cantaloupes are steady, Honeydews are gapping, Mini Seedless Watermelons are in
· Stonefruit- Dark Sweet Cherries are here!
White Peaches, Yellow Nectarines 70/72ct from Olson Farms are here!
· Tropicals - Pineapples are in great supply, new arrival Saturday from Kingston
ORGANIC Veggie Updates:
· Asparagus is very limited –we are currently out
· The bottom has dropped out of the broccoli market, seriously, it’s time to open and promote! Ask about multiple case discounts!
· Cauliflower and Celery seeing better pricing
· Cucumbers are in good supply
· Green and Lacinato Kale are steady
· Rainbow Chard is tight,
· Red Leaf is limited, Green is out
· Romaine is starting to come off pricing
· Good supply on green, jalapeno and Serrano
· 11lb Red peppers are gapping, 25lb choice is a good substitute
· Mixed Baby 12x1pint are back!!!
· Onions are steady-Red and Yellow are great supply with lower pricing
· Gold “A” sized potatoes are new crop, Red “A” new crop coming soon!
· Mixed Fingerlings are here!
· Yellow squash is back in!
· Delicata and Red Kuri are priced to move!
· Spaghetti, Butternut and Acorn available
· Grape tomatoes are in good supply with great pricing
· Cherry & Heirloom Cherry are steady
· 1 Layer Tomatoes are replacing 2 layers
· Tomatoes on the Vine are available
Contact your salesperson or call
410-799-8000 with any questions.