Local Market Report
Produce Market Report for Week of
September 28, 2015
by Coastal Sunbelt
Produce | September 28, 2015
Coastal Organic Pricing
Local Market Report
All items are Certified Organic unless otherwise noted.
REMINDER: All salads are pre-booked for the duration of summer. Also, we are now offering all 4 new Earthbound Salads Powermeal Bowls!
* Pre-Book by Tuesday 10am for delivery the FOLLOWING Tuesday through Friday
* Pre-Book by Friday 10am for delivery the FOLLOWING Saturday through Monday
o Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith, Red Delicious and Golden Delicious are domestic new crop
o Domestic Honeycrisp Apples 27lb Europack are here!
o New crop California Bartlett pears are here out of California.
o Strawberries -good supply and remain a good value
o Raspberry supplies are tightening up with higher pricing; we are gapping on Blueberries
o Lemons - we have transitioned back to the larger 115ct, pricing is higher
o Oranges and Grapefruits - are steady
o Lime markets are very tight
o Avocados - markets are continuing to coming off, take advantage of great pricing
o Bananas are steady in supply from Dole
o Papayas are back in from Southern Specialties!
o Pineapples - remain in very tight supply, limited availability with much higher pricing
* Red Seedless Grapes from Earthbound are steady
* Melons - supplies should be winding up from California for a few short weeks soon
o Cantaloupes -9ct
o Mini Seedless Watermelons are done
* Broccoli 14ct market is loosening up, we're seeing slightly lower pricing
* Cauliflower - pricing continues to rise
* Celery -30ct are steady; 18x2ct Hearts in with slightly higher pricing
* Cucumbers- both 22lb and 45lb choice are both in good supply and pricing
* Ginger- 10lb & 30lb Ginger from Peru
o Rainbow Chard-24ct availability is becoming steadier Cal Organic arriving Sunday
o Kales - Green and Lacinato both are steady in supply and good quality
* Lettuces - good pricing continues for Romaine Hearts, Romaine 24ct pricing is dropping
o Green onions - Boskovitch landing Sunday
o Red and Yellow Jumbo are in good supply
o White onions are gapping
o Sweet onions are here from Organic Valley! Won't last long!
o 25lb Green and Red Peppers are LOCAL from Tuscarora
o 11lbs Red are in great supply and value
o Jalapenos are in great supply
o Gold "A" Potatoes are gapping-use the 16x3lb bags!
o Red "A" Potatoes -waiting for new crops to be harvested
o Russet are in with limited quantities
o Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes are winding down for the season, what is in-house is it til next year
o Gold Potatoes 16x 3lb bags arriving from Earthbound Farms! NEW ITEM
o Zucchini - is steady in supply and pricing
o Winter squash - Butternut, Spaghetti and Green Acorn are available this week. Let us know which varieties YOU are looking for!
o Grape tomatoes - great supply with better pricing
o Mixed Heirloom tomatoes are in great supply and pricing
o Romas are due in tomorrow from Produce Exchange
o TOV from Wholesum Harvest are in!
Contact your salesperson or call
410-799-8000 with any questions.